Tuesday 6 November 2018

Preamp builds

The last few days have seen a flurry of preamp building. Following The DX Shop decision not to supply built VLNAs I have had a number of (nice!) requests to build kits for those who either felt unable to cope with building an SMD kit with 0603 size parts, or who don’t have the equipment to align the VLNA for lowest noise. As I am not set up for production of built preamps, it has taken a while to get round to clearing my backlog. I still have a few ‘specials’ to build, but these should be done soon.
I have a new batch of solder paste and this is producing nice results with my BetaFlow reflow oven system. The results have been consistent and little rework has been necessary.
The picture below shows the results of measurement on the most recent VLNA23.
I might even get round to building one for myself.......




Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment