Tuesday 28 July 2009

A further update

I have been collecting together all the bits I have to take out with me. It is amazing just how many chargers, memory cards, cameras, phones and parts for people I have had to get together!

I notice that the good ol' pound has been falling against the all the other currencies we need. I'm glad we have already purchased ours. If we were to keep them for a few weeks we might actually make some money!

We are going to use Cash Passports for the first time. Travellers cheques are all but dead now and these things look like the future.

Vodafone are roaming-charge free with Vodafone 'Passport' until the end of August, so we will be using a different phone number on this trip. The offer works in Australia and New Zealand as well as across Europe. Worth getting a free Vodafone SIM card and putting it into a spare phone? We think so. And with a Freedom pack, it looks unbeatable at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Organising such a romantic trip is something that really shouldn't be in the public domain! In fact, I reckon it should be kept under wraps at all times! If other XYLs get wind of it, how many other "retired" microwavers and eme enthusiasts will be forced to forego that new 24GHz PA to fund such exotic exuberances! Especially ones (like me with a significant (30th) wedding anniversary coming up next year! I've already received dark hints like "I'd love to go on the the Orient Express some day"

    But, the cat is out of the bag, so enjoy the trip, make sure you wind up the Aussies during the Test matches and I'll be looking for great literary ramblings to read while you are way.

    ReplyDelete