Monday, 22 June 2015

Eme dish again

I have made a bit more progress on my EME dish refurbishment.
The dish is back on the mount and the quadrapod is also in place and connected to the feed point cage.
Thanks to G4DZU I obtained a length of flexible 4 inch ducting to carry the coax cables and DC control cables between the dish and outdoor shack. The duct has yet to be buried.
I've also managed to mount the weatherproof Storno case to a suitable bracket and to the dish support pole. The various DC cables are currently terminated in a plstic box. They will be moved to the Storno case together with a voltage converter module to 12v from 28V.
There still seems to be a lot of work to do to get the dish ready for EME.





Sam