Friday, 17 February 2017

G4HUP -SK.

It has now been a little over a week since Dave passed away. It seems it was a massive heart attack that took him from his family and friends. Dave was apparently fit and enjoyed his Scottish country dancing as his main activity. Indeed, he was dancing the evening before his attack.
It was only a few weeks ago that Dave went down to London to pick up his new kilt in the family tartan.
He got to wear it a few times.

The raw feelings I had when I heard about Dave have now subsided a little, but even so, until his funeral next month it will be hard to think about much else. I already miss our little chats about our products and how best to market them. Dave was just getting into his stride with HUPRF. For now the company has suspended trading, pending a decision on its future.

I have no doubt that some of the product lines will continue, but there is no guarantee as to what. I'd like to see the DG8 continue and maybe even employing the new low noise device now being used in the Anglian transverter.

Sam




3 comments:

  1. Sam, from my experience of the sudden loss of a friend of many years standing I know how you must feel. It goes from utter shock and disbelief to great sadness but I can tell you it eventually does get better and you remember the good times you had in the past as you reminisce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just became aware of the loss of Dave, G4HUP. I am saddened by that news. I had conversed with him, regarding an instructional I had written regarding the installation of his excellent PAT board. He graciously provided clarification, and recommended useful information to convey. My deepest condolences to you and Dave's family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just sending an email to a ham recommending Dave's board when I saw the news of his passing. I am shocked. Dave and I conversed many times regarding his magnificent PAT board. I have helped hams all over the world with PAT installations and always received incredible support from Dave. My condolences to his family. RIP Dave.

    ReplyDelete