Thursday, 1 September 2016

Venice and beyond

We've been back from EME2016 in Venice for one week, having stayed on a few days to have a better look at the city. For sure it was heaving with tourists and cruise ship visitors (the Cunard Queen Victoria was the only liner I recognised).
I have to congratulate the Conference organisers for a job well done. Having been one of the Cambridge 2012 organisers I know just how much work goes into the organising of a two day EME Conference, with the various dis-staff tours etc.
I thoroughly enjoyed the Conference and learnt a lot from the various talks. I was able to attend every one of the 16 talks over the 1&1/2 days.
I have been inspired to do some additional 'fettling' of my own dish and now it has additional bracing on the feed cage to overcome the cage drooping when the heavier RF horn and amplifiers are installed. Mainly the 6cm one.


The diagonal braces are of substantial gauge aluminium alloy and secured with M5 screws.
Laying one of my laser levels on the mount, I have checked the 'true ' of the cage and where its red dot appears on the fence. This enables me to reset the SPID RAS at intervals to overcome the inevitable SPID pulse count errors!

No comments:

Post a Comment