Friday, 10 July 2015

Transverter follow up

I have commissioned another batch of Anglian transverters from my 'assembly' man!
Of these most will be for 2m, but a significant number will be 'uncommited' boards that can be either 2 or 4m ( or any other band between 220MHz and 30MHz).

As the noise problem on 4m hasn't proved to be a big problem when beaming between east through west it has not impacted my SpE activity on 4 or 6. 
DXCC and locator scores have been steadily increasing.

I am off to the Finningley Microwave Round Table on Sunday. My intention is to take a small number of various kits including the very last one of the current batch of Anglian 144MHz transverters. I will also take PCBs and devices for sale as spares or as required. As always, I will be taking the ever-popular WA5VJB PCB antennas, covering all frequencies from 400MHz to 25GHz.

Hoping to see lots of microwavers at Finningley on Sunday.

Sam



2 comments:

  1. Are there any 70MHz kits available please Sam?
    73
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam , I did notice a strange background noise on my 28Mhz IF when using the Anglian. Atfter some thinking and measurement , I found the problem.
    I am using an external 116Mhz oscillator (GPS locked) , so for this I took the original 116Mhz xtal out , but I should have taken the // inductor as well as the oscillator carries on to oscillate with the inductor and it was around 80 Mhz , this is what was giving me the unusual IF noise.
    73
    Dom/F6DRO

    ReplyDelete