Friday, 24 July 2015

Amsat Colloquium

Mainly getting ready to go to the Amsat Colloquium in Guildford tomorrow.
Early start but that may mean braving the stormy weather due to pass over this area tomorrow morning around the time we are due to start out.........

I met up with VK5DK from Mount Gambier, South Australia, today. Colin is visiting the UK with the Victoria State over 70s cricket team. Their game in Ipswich, today, almost didn't happen due to rain. But they managed to get in a few overs before calling it a day! Colin and I had the chance to chat for an hour or so. Last time I saw Colin was in South Australia some 6 years ago.

Although Mt Gambier is actually in South Australia, the tour captain told me they designated anything east of the Murray River as still in Victoria. That way they were able to include two people from Mt Gambier.  I guess it is getting difficult to find enough players over 70 to include in their touring team!

Sam




No comments:

Post a Comment