Sunday, 10 August 2014

Frequency locking 116MHz

I spent part of the day playing with frequency locking my Anglian 144MHz transverter.
The transverter has facilities to either inject or extract a 116MHz LO signal.
Although I had conducted this test previously on my DDK2001 source board, I still needed to check that it also worked with the Anglian LO.
I was pleasantly surprised to see just how far off frequency the on-board 116MHz could be and still lock, with extremely clean output.
Not only that but the level of external 116MHz required to achieve lock proved to be extremely small, easing the requirements on the external source.
This has raised the possibilities of sub harmonic locking! I will be exploring this over the next few days.
All this is being done as content for my EME 2014 Conference presentation.
Sam

1 comment:

  1. It does sub harmonic lock, but locking is not as solid as it could be. More testing to do.

    ReplyDelete