Saturday, 21 June 2014

New ones on 6m

No one could ever accuse me of being a 6m band fanatic. But when the Es season comes round I do get enthused about what I can work on this glorious mode.
Taking advantage of today's 6m contest and some quite intense Es conditions I was able to add a few new DXCCs to my growing total.
Today I added Gibraltar, Macedonia and Andorra. None of these could be regarded as exotic and indeed all are within that first reflection range, so should have been worked previously, but somehow I had missed them!
My total is now 57 DXCC entities and 203 locators.

My station on 6m today was  80W from my K3 and a 5 element 6/4m dual band YU7EF yagi ( courtesy of G4ERO). Alternatively I could have used the ICOM Pro3, which I rather like as a 6m rig. 

There won't be any new ones tomorrow as I am off to RAL at 06:30 in the morning and not back until mid evening..............

Sam



No comments:

Post a Comment