Sunday, 20 April 2014

What's been happening?

I've been busy assembling our new greenhouse for the last few weeks, so it has kept me away from doing much amateur radio.

However the greenhouse is now finished and this week I will be devoting to getting ready for the Martlesham Microwave Round Table next weekend.

Today the Anglia transverter boards are being assembled with the pick and place machine and reflow soldering. I hope to be able to put together a few 'kits' for sale at Martlesham this coming week.
More 2m kits will become available in the next few weeks and the 4m version will appear in the next few months.

I have largely completed the 2m documentation, but it may need refining after the next review!

I have measured 4 Anglia or Anglia-like transverters and it seems safe to say that the receive converter is achieving better than 0dBm input third order intercept when measured in the most stringent way. Noise figure is about 1.5-1.6dB with 24-25dB gain.
Transmit converter output is over 100mW with excellent IMD.
The output spectrum is really clean.

The output power can be raised to over 6W with one of the Mitsubishi RF MOS amplifier modules. I have a new PCB for this module.





No comments:

Post a Comment