Saturday, 5 October 2013

Spectral display

One of the highlights of next weekend's RSGB Convention will be G4HUP's talk on surface mount technology followed by a workshop on the Saturday afternoon where you will be able to try your hand at SMD construction. There will be a few soldering stations (4 probably) and Dave will have a number of his new, low cost, wideband buffer amplifier kits for you to assemble, under supervision ( if required).
I have just fitted one of these little buffer amplifiers into my TS2000X and after a little level setting I am now able to feed out an IF signal to either my SDR-IQ or to my Elecraft P3 SDRs in order to obtain a spectral display. This is one feature the TS2000 has sadly and inexcusably been missing. I felt lost without a spectrum display on the Kenwood.
I am pleased that the P3 can be simply programmed so that I can select either the K3 or the TS2000X direct from the P3 screen and if required the SVGA card in the P3 enables me to have a large 22 inch frequency spectrum display.
It's also the first time I have connected the SDR-IQ to the P3 'pass through' connector in order to get two different, but simultaneous frequency spectrum displays.
Why would I want to do that?
So that I can use the SDR-IQ and Spectravue to make Continuum noise measurements for EME, of course!




73 de Sam
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Falkenham Road,Kirton,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment