Monday, 11 March 2013

G8BHH/G4PBP funeral

I have just returned from the funeral of Russ, G4PBP.
Amateur radio was really well represented. I counted at least 20 radio amateurs in attendance and there were close to 200 family and friends overall. A really good turn out to see Russ off in style!
It was a cold, cold, day at the Bushbury Crematorium, Wolverhampton, but the reception back at the church was a fine affair with excellent food and really great chat with friends, old and new. It really was good to see so many faces from the past; Amateurs I had not seen for many years.
It would appear from comments heard that the QSL pin board was a great success and even non-amateurs asked a lot of questions about what it was and how nice and colourful it was.
A decent picture will appear in Radcom. For now, here is a smaller photo, as requested.




Vale Russ
...-.-
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I had starting from 1006 till Nov.2012 mni QSO with him and it allways was a pleasure to talk with. R.I.P. dear Russ ! We all meet us again once.
    Erwin/DK5EW

    ReplyDelete